Celestron's innovative new SkyQ Link WiFi Module takes the technology behind our SkyQ app even further by activating a wireless control feature for most computerized Celestron telescopes. More than merely enabling completely wireless operation (including telescope alignment) , the SkyQ Link Module will allow you to automatically slew the scope to an object with a simple tap on your iPhone/iPad planetarium interface. And a SkyTour feature will even generate a list of the best stars, galaxies, and nebulas to see based on the user's time and location.
- Complete wireless control of your celestron telescope
- Telescope alignment - align your telescope wirelessly using Your iPhone or iPad
- Planetarium interface - Tap on any object displayed on the SkyQ Sky view screen and instantly slew your telescope to that object
- Sky Tour - Generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulas to view through your telescope
About the Celestron SkyQ App (available at the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad)
At its essence, Celestron SkyQ is a personal, pocket-sized guide to the cosmos that can locate and identify virtually any object in the night sky. From helping to plan a deep sky viewing session, or charting the landmarks of the lunar landscape, to tracking the International Space Station, SkyQ is a star map unlike any other - intuitive, interactive and eminently engaging.
The remarkable SkyQ database includes thousands of heavenly bodies, including the complete Messier and NGC catalogs, hundreds of breathtaking celestial images, and hours of entertaining and educational audio covering the most famous sights in the Universe. Plus, there are built-in links for expanded information, a Tonight's Sky feature for curent viewing suggestions, and even a Moon phase calendar.
- Easy-to-use astronomy application to locate and identify virtually any celestial object visible in the night sky
- Over 4 hours of audio for many of the most famous objects in the sky including - Planets, Galaxies, Nebulae and the brightest stars
- Wikipedia links for expanded information on the most popular clestial objects (WiFi connection required)
- Works on all iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch devices with the latest firmware (iPhone 3GS/4/iPad or iPad2 required for compass support)
- Tracks the International Space Station (ISS) and predicts sightings
- "Tonights Sky" will keep you up-to-date and give you suggestions for the best objects to view when you head outside
- Moon phase calendar, detailed lunar map and visible planet graph helps you keep track of the events in our Solar System
- Jupiter's and Saturn's moons positions as seen through a telescope
- Night Vision Mode