- EdgeHD Optics
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- Fully computerized dual fork arm Altazimuth mount
- 50 mm finderscope to help accurately find objects
- Heavy-duty tripod makes attaching the telescope so easy you can do it in the dark; also features sturdy 2" stainless steel legs and accessory tray
- 23 mm, 82 degree Luminos Eyepiece - 2"
- Ergonomic design allows you to comfortably lift and move the telescope from location to location
- Star diagonal provides a more comfortable viewing position when observing objects that are high in the sky
- Convenient remote hand control holder allows you to view information hands-free while using the scope
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, providing a fast and easy alignment process
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics with spring loaded RA worm block with enveloping brass teeth
- Re-designed electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope even when not perfectly balanced
- Computer assisted All-Star polar-alignment
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as an Autoguider
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Celestron’s best optical system
Celestron’s optical engineers devised the EdgeHD optical system in
response to today’s large format CCD sensors and wide field eyepieces.
The aplanatic Schmit optical design corrects for the visual defects of
coma and field curvature, delivering pinpoint stars from edge to edge.
Each unit must pass a photographic test to ensure crisp, round stars
across the entire sensor. Furthermore, all optical surfaces receive
Celestron’s high-transmission StarBright XLT optical coatings.
Celestron has included a 23mm Luminos eyepiece with your CPC Deluxe
HD, the perfect complement to your HD optics. With its 82-degree
apparent field of view, you’ll notice the EdgeHD difference immediately.
Perfect for any application
Representing the pinnacle of both optical and mechanical performance,
the CPC Deluxe HD is the only telescope you’ll ever need to buy. The
best part of owning a CPC Deluxe HD is that you can customize your setup
to just about any situation.
For a star party or casual observing with friends, the sturdy dual
fork arm mount sets up in minutes. Once you turn the telescope on, an
internal GPS calculates the exact time, date, and location of your
observing site for precise alignment. Select the Sky Align procedure and
center any three bright objects in the telescope’s eyepiece. From
there, your telescope is ready to locate more than 40,000 objects or
take you on a Sky Tour.
You can add Celestron’s StarSense AutoAlign alignment accessory for
even faster setup or the SkyPortal WiFi Module to allow friends to
control the telescope via their smartphone.
Ready for astrophotography
For serious astroimaging—from planetary to deep sky—just connect your
camera, laptop, and accessories. Choose from three focal ratios for
imaging: f/10 at prime focus, f/7 with an EdgeHD focal reducer, or f/2.2
for wide field imaging with Hyperstar. The CPC Deluxe mount is equipped
with a reengineered drive train, 6” brass gear, and stainless steel
worm gear for picture-perfect tracking up to 30 seconds.
For longer exposures, add the HD Pro Wedge so you can polar align
your telescope. Celestron’s All Star Polar Alignment procedure helps you
accurately align to the celestial pole in minutes—even if you have an
obstructed view of Polaris.
If you keep your CPC Deluxe in an observatory, the Hibernate function
enables you to save your alignment and reuse it night after night.