Quigley-Ford Long Range Hunting Scopes were conceived and developed by Randy Ford of Ontario, Canada. Born in 1954, Randy has been a lifelong hunter, and fisherman, who has always reached out to solve equipment issues . Randy shared most of his hunting and fishing opportunities with older masters, always eager to learn from their experience. Randy has achieved a measurable degree of success over the decades .
- Worked his first sportsman show in 1972
- Was a founder of the Canadian Taxidermists Assn. in the later 1970s
- Won the Masters Award in 1984 for Best Fish mount in National Competition
- Randy wrote an outdoor column
- Founded the GTAA conservation club
- Chaired the Georgian Triangle Spring Trout Derby
- Operated the Tiny Marsh Provincial Conservation Area pheasant hunt
- Bred and hunted Brittanies for over 3 decades.
- Operated his own hunting/fishing retail store for 17 years
- Co-owned a dry land marine sales operation
- Co-owned a charter boat sportfishing operation
- Served 3 years as Chair of Wildlife Subcommittee, of the Ontario Fish & Wildlife Advisory Board. (special advisor to the Ontario Minister of Natural Resources)
- Developed the Wizzard Black Box, while serving as President of Pacific Electronics Research Inc. (first consumer black box for generating positive ions on downrigger cables in 1990)
- Served as President of Walker Downriggers Inc. manufacturing company for 18 years starting in 1994
- Invented and developed the patented Strike Vision underwater trolling camera systems in 1996
- Introduced the first Inverted level wind (WTD 300) trolling reels to North America
- Developed and patented Walker Deeper Divers (sinking)
- Developed and Patented the Walker TripZ–Diver (floating )
- Developed Quigley-Ford Long Range Hunting Scopes
- Designed and Patented TripZ-Lip Lures
- Designed and developed the new Slayer broadhead designs.
Randy’s greatest passion is teaching and sharing his knowledge obtained through his association with other masters in the field. One of his favourite movies was “Quigley Down Under “ which influenced the name of his lines of scopes. A passionate hunter , Randy has harvested more than 3 dozen moose, over 2,000 pheasants, loads of whitetail deer, and a sampling of elk, mule deer , antelope caribou, wolves, coyotes and other animals . Suffice it to say his experience is extensive, and he understands what makes for good equipment and what products simply add complications to what should be simple.
Randy has made a commitment to refine and add products to the line of Quigley-Ford Long Range Hunting Scopes only in as much as it will add enjoyment and success to your hunting experience.