The Sky-Watcher Maksutov-Cassegrains are the ultimate take-anywhere
telescopes. They are also ideal if working space is limited. Despite
their small dimensions they pack a powerful punch. Their
High-Resolution, diffraction limited optical systems are multi-coated to
maximize contrast and image sharpness. This Sky-Watcher Maksutov comes
in apertures of 127mm, and is available either complete with equatorial
mounts and tripods, or as tube assemblies only, which can be mounted
onto a standard photographic tripod. Whether your requirement is for
terrestrial or astronomical use, these compact scopes are the perfect
The EQ3 Pro mounts use the same Go-To
system found in the HEQ5 and EQ6 Pros-- SynScan. It allows you to point
the telescope at a specific object or even tour the skies at the touch
of a button.
The EQ3 Pro mounts are the perfect instrument for
novice visual observers to enjoy astronomy with minimal setup time and
in-depth knowledge of the night sky.
• Positioning Accuracy up to 1
arc minute. Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount
mechanical error) compensation.
• Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 32 micro steps driven.
• Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
• Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
• Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
• Periodic Error Correction.
• PC compatibility.
• Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
- Diameter: 127mm
- Highest Practical Power: 254x
- Finder Scope: 6x30
- Focuser Diameter: 1.25" opening with 2" adapter
- Diagonal: 2" -90 deg.
- Tube Dimensions: 14cm x 33cm
- Tube Weight: 5kg
- Shipping Weight: 8+28 kg
- Shipping Dimensions: 68x25x29 cm3; 97x44x29 cm3
- Faintest Steller Magnitude: 13.2