Imaging Innovation of the Year: Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer Astro Package
astrophotography, time-lapse photography: this Sky-Watcher mount does
it all. The new Star Adventurer is perfectly suited to the
increasingly-popular art form of nighttime landscape and starscape
photography. Track the night sky in lunar, solar, or sidereal modes
while pre-programmed parameters ensure perfect exposure times. There’s
even an integrated shutter release for your DSLR. We love the Star
Adventurer because it’s also a perfect choice for any smaller optical
tube with a Vixen-style connection. This compact tracking mount is your
ideal companion for a camping trip or other outdoor excursion, since you
can view the stars and capture them with one versatile piece of gear.
Sky-Watcher Star Adventurer is user-friendly and provides various combinations to satisfy all you needs for astrophotography and time-lapse photography. It is a high precision, portable and stable celestial tracking platform for sidereal, solar and lunar tracking with automatic DSLR shutter release control. Moreover, it contains pre-programmed parameters assisting you to create interesting time-lapse videos with your DSLR.
- Multiple pre-programmed speeds for time lapse photography
- Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Built in polar scope with illuminator
- DSLR interface for automatic shutter control
- Built-in auto-guiding interface
- Low power consumption
- External Mini USB power support
- Compatible with 3/8" and 1/4" camera tripod thread
- Lifetime free firmware upgrade
- Maximum payload at 5kg
● Star Adventurer Stand Alone: SKU:31233
includes Star Adventurer mount, ball head adapter, illuminated polar scope.
● Star Adventurer Photo Bundle: SKU:BD312331
includes Star Adventurer mount, ball head adapter, illuminated polar scope, EQ wedge
● Star Adventurer Astro Bundle: SKU:BD312332
includes Star Adventurer mount, ball head adapter, illuminated polar scope, EQ wedge, mounting assembly, counter weight.
♥ All models come with a shutter release cable. Available shutter release cable are for the following camera models:
Please specify cable model when placing the order with your dealer. If no such info provided, a standard shutter release cable Canon (C1) will be included in the shipment.
Any model compatible with E3-type remote control terminal.
Canon EOS 100D, 300D/350D, 400D/450D, 500D/550D, 600D/650D, 700D, 60D/60Da, 70D
|Canon (C3) |
Any model compatible with N3-type remote control terminal.
Canon EOS 7D/6D/5D series, 1D series, 1V, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D,
|Nikon (N1) |
Any model compatible with 10-pin (MC-20, MC-22, MC-30, MC-36) remote terminal .
Nikon D1/D2/D3/D4 series, D200/D300/D700/D800 series.
|Nikon (N2) |
Any model compatible with MC-DC1 remote terminal
For Nikon D80, D70S,
|Nikon (N3) |
Any model compatible with MC-DC2 remote terminal
NIKON D90, D600, D3000/D5000 series, D7000
|Olympus (OPT2) SKU: 92104|
Any model with RM-UC1 remote terminal.
OLYMPUS E-series (E620/550), PEN series (E-PL2/PL3), SP-series (SP 590/570)
|Sony (S1) |
Any model with S1-type remote terminal.
SONY a100, a200, a300, a350, 450, a550, a560, a700, a850, a900
Minolta/Konica a-7 Digital, a Sweet 5, a807si, a-9, Damige 7Hi/7i, a-7
- Mount TypeUltra compact equatorial tracking platform
- Motor DriveDC Servo
- Shipping Carton Dimensions23x22x12 cm3
- Power Supply4xAA battery: DC 3.6V~6.5V; External power supply DC 5V
- Payload Capacity5kg (11 lb)
- Tracking ModesAstrophotography : Celestial/ 1/2 Celestial/ solar/ lunar tracking rate for both of N. & S. hemispheres. Time-lapse photography: 12hr/4hr/2hr rev.
Info-diagram shows what comes with each package
We would like to share a review on Star Adventurer for your reference and
SkyNews, 2014 Nov and Dec Issue. The review is done by Alan Dyer, a
seasoned astrophotographer in Canada.
Here are the highlights in the review:
- Great polar alignment. Reticle helps the procedure nicely in northern and
- EQ wedge easy to adjust, yet stable
- long battery life - 4 AA lasted for dozen nights of testing
- Great for wide angle (35mm - 50mm) astropoto, slight trailing with 135mm
(but other brands do the same), but can be corrected with Autoguiding
Overall - compact, well-built, versatile