Starlight Xpress SX-42
camera kit is a joint effort between Sky-Watcher USA and Starlight
Xpress in honor of our 20th Anniversary. The SX-42 addresses all usual
headaches when setting up a new system. The back-focus is matched for
all Sky-Watcher correctors, simply thread the camera system onto the
corrector and you are ready to go. All camera components are produced by
Starlight Xpress in the UK and meet their highest of standards.
SX-42 camera kit:
Camera: Trius 694 monochrome
- Sensor: Sony ExView 694
- Size: 15.98 diagonal
- Pixel Size: 4.54uM
- Pixel Count: 6,050,000
- QE: 77% peak in
- 77% peak in yellow light, 65% at Hydrogen alpha (656 nm).
- Three port powered USB hub built-in. Can drive included Lodestar X and filter wheel
- High performance two stage cooling for better than -40C delta T
- Dry Argon CCD chamber fill for improved cooling performance.
- Exceptionally effective anti-blooming with minimal effect on linearity and no lost active area.
- Back focal length 17mm +/-1mm.
- High speed USB 2.0 interface for approx. 5 second downloads.
- Single USB cable control for all features - get rid of that dangerous cable tangle!
- Very low power consumption. Less than 1.5 amps at 12v DC.
- Compact and lightweight - only 75mm in diameter x 70mm long - less than 500 grams load on the telescope.
Guide Camera: Lodestar X2 monochrome
- Sensor: Sony ICX829
- Size: 8mm diagonal
- Pixel Size: 8.3uM
- QE: 77%
Filter Wheel: 7-position 1.25” with built-in Off Axis Guider
- Wheel positions: 7
- Filter size: 1.25”
- Built-in Off Axis Guider for use with include Lodestar X2 guider camera
- USB controlled and powered
|Color or Mono
||40°C Below Ambient
|Full Rez Frame Rate
|Max Frame Rate
||3704 x 2778
||1 Year Warranty
In the Box
- Starlight Xpress Trius SX-42 Monochrome Camera
- Lodestar X2 Monochrome Guide Camera
- 7-Position Filter Wheel 1.25" with Built-in Off Axis Guider
- Hard Case
- Three port powered USB Hub (built-in)