- Variable optical zoom (19mm to 38mm) - dual field of view OPTICAL zoom
- 1440×1080 pixels HD Display
- Shutterless thermal core
- Up to 20 hours (2)battery life
- 32GB Storage for video and images
- Picture in Picture (PiP)
- 5 Color Palettes
The ZOOM ZH38 is not only the world’s first dual FOV handheld thermal
imager available in the commercial market, but also the first handheld
product to feature Shutterless Calibration Technology (SCT) simplifying
use and reduce power consumption. Additionally, the ZOOM ZH38 is the
first handheld thermal imager available to feature a full-color 1440 X
1080 HD OLED display, working in tandem with its ultra-sensitive 12 µm
640 x 512 sensor and MATRIX III Processing to create the most flexible
and eye-popping viewing experience on the market.
With the ZOOM’s patented dual-field-of-view design, users can
seamlessly switch between a wide field-of-view (FOV) for detection, and a
narrow FOV for target identification. This 2X increase in optical
magnification occurs with an intuitive twist of the objective focus ring
and maintains 100 percent of the sensor’s native resolution.
Why is adjustable optical zoom so important? Thermal monoculars have historically only been offered with a fixed field of view, which means the only way to zoom in and out is digitally through software and digital zoom decreases thermal image resolution. Just 1 step of digital zoom on a 640x480 sensor degrades the thermal image resolution to 320x240, and another step of digital zoom degrades the thermal image resolution to an abysmal 160x120. This is the problem that is solved by the ZOOM ZH38’s adjustable optical zoom feature. You now have 1 device with an adjustable field of view. Twist the focus ring to the right to zoom out and you get a 1X - 640x480 thermal resolution image, twist it to the left and get a 2X - 640x480 thermal resolution image.
The fixed field of view limitation in thermal monoculars has always posed a problem of image degradation using digital zoom and the need for 2 devices to achieve dual fields of view in full resolution. InfiRay Outdoor identified this common problem and poured resources into research and development over several years to achieve a solution. What emerged is an innovative patented dual field of view lens design now offered for the first time in the commercial market in the ZOOM ZH38 Dual Field of View Monocular.
Clear Precise Imaging
The Infiray Zoom ZH thermal imager is provided with the latest 12
micron thermal technology with 640x512 resolution and sub 25mK NETD
sensitivity. With this new powerful sensor and image algorithm, the best
possible image quality is observed.
Dual Field Of View Design
The Infiray Zoom ZH38 provides two optical fields of view, one with a
wide view for scanning and spotting quarry, and with the flick of a
switch you have an optical ZOOM, to provide a narrower field of view
with a "zoomed in" image for target identification, whilst maintaining
the image quality.
1440x1080 FHD AMOLED Display
Using a 1440x1080 FHD AMOLED display the user experiences incredible
detail with a large natural field of view, providing the image quality
needed to get the best from the Infiray sensor.
The new shutterless core module is adopted to nulify the shutter calibration, providing a clear image without distraction.
20hr Run Time out the box
Zoom ZH38 is supplied with 2 x 10hr rechargeable battery packs,
providing you with more than enough runtime for a few evenings use.
With a built in "Ultra Clear" mode the Zoom ZH38 is designed for use
in the harshest weather providing a high quality image in all weather
conditions. Ultra clear mode results in a more detailed field of view
and enhanced object identification capabilities.
• Detector Resolution: 640x512
• Pixel Size: 12µm
• NETD: =25mk
• Frame Rate: 50Hz
• Objective Lens: 19 / 38mm
• Magnification: 1.6° ~ 12.8°
• Display Resolution: 1440 x 1080 FHD OLED
• E-zoom: 1x / 2x / 3x / 4x
• Eye Relief: 20 mm
• Exit Pupil Diameter: 5.5mm
• Display Resolution: 1440x1080 OLED
• Display Size: 0.4"
• Battery: Lithium-ion battery pack IBP-1/4400mAh/DC3.7V
• Max. Battery Life: 20h (2x Batteries - 10hrs each)
• Dimension: 190 × 65 × 60 mm
• Weight: 580g
• Detection Range (Target size:1.7m×0.5m,P(n)=99%): >1800m
• WiFi connectivity: Yes
• Picture-in-Picture (PIP): Yes
• Onboard storage (memory): 32 GB
• Operating Temperature: -20 ~ +50
DRI stands for Detection, Recognition and
Identification and is based on the widely used Johnson's criteria.
- Detection Detect if an object is present
- Recognition See what type of object it is (i.e. person, vehicle, airplane)
- Identification For example see if someone is a friend or foe
In the Box
- Thermal imaging device InfiRay ZOOM ZH38
- Lens cover
- 2 x battery packs each with 4400 mAh
- Charging station with charge status display for battery packs
- Power adapter
- USB charging cable / data cable / video output cable
- Hard case
- Wrist strap
- Neck strap
- English Quick Start Guide
- 3 year manufacturer warranty