- 16" Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- 3251mm Focal Length, f/8 Focal Ratio
- Ultra High-Transmission Optical Coatings
- Advanced Coma Free Optical System
- StarLock Alignment and Tracking System
- Dual-Axis Motorized Dual-Tine Fork Mount
- 7:1 Two-Speed Crayford Internal Focuser
- AutoStar II GoTo Computer Controller
- 145,000-Object Database
- OTA and Mount Only - Tripod Required
This is a Meade 16" LX600 ACF (f/8) Telescope with StarLock which is
sold without a tripod or a pier! It is intended to be mounted on an
existing support (user provided) such as a pier or a suitable tripod.
- The Meade 16" LX600 ACF with Starlock features a filtered cooling fan and offered without a tripod
- The Meade 16" LX600 ACF with Starlock is a unique design with an
integrated object finding and star tracking system built right into the
- The LX600 ACF with Starlock enables you to pinpoint stars all the
way across the field of view with the redesigned f/8 ACF optics.
- The Meade LX600 ACF with Starlock has a completely redesigned mirror mounting system that achieves zero-image shift.
- Featured with the Meade LX600 ACF is the Autostar II Controller that
puts over 145,000 objects at your fingertips with the fastest go to
- The Meade 16" LX600 ACF has large, high quality worm-gear drives in
both axes which allows for smooth movements and is especially useful
during long exposure astrophotography.
- The Meade 16" LX600 ACF with Starlock by design communicates
directly with the motor drives to lock onto its target with arcsecond
- The Meade 16" LX600 ACF with Starlock is a portable package that is easy to operate and makes taking great astrophotos a snap!
The Meade 16" LX600 ACF with Starlock is a complete astrophotographic
package featuring an ultra-fast Advanced Coma-Free optical system,
StarLock autoguider, and an optional f/5 focal reducer/field flattener
which makes this one of the hottest telescopes on the market today. Not
only does the 16" LX600 ACF with Starlock have some the best features
and technology integrated into its design but it is also simple to
operate and is travel-friendly.
StarLock: In the telescope mount of the LX600 you will find a unique
integrated star tracking and object locator system. These features allow
you to center your target perfectly in the field of view. Once
centered, the star tracking system communicates directly with the motor
drives to automatically assure your scope stays locked onto its target
with arcsecond precision. The automated optical tracking system delivers
long-exposure guiding with pinpoint stars on astro images despite
atmospheric refraction, periodic mechanical errors, or misalignments.
This level of accuracy is exclusive and unobtainable with other systems
using software pointing models, high precision encoders, large gears or
PEC training- all without the need of an external computer.
New f/8 Advanced Coma-Free Optical System: To achieve zero
image-shift and two-speed microfocuser, Meade has completely redesigned
the OTA's with a new focusing and mirror mounting system. The LX600
features faster f/8 ACF optics giving you pinpoint stars all the way
across the field of view.
Internal Crayford-style 7:1 Focuser: Eliminating the need for a
mirror lock and integrating a two-speed microfocuser for quick and easy
adjustments, the redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero image
Alt/Az Mode: The LX600 makes for the best visual and short exposure
experience in Alt/Az Mode and performs LightSwitch fully automated
self-alignment. StarLock will track with arcsecond accuracy and put
every target dead center in the eyepiece. This enables users to
concentrate on the gorgeous, wide fields of pinpoint stars created by
the outstanding f/8 ACF optical system.
Autostar II Controller: The Autostar II Controller gives you over
145,000 objects at your fingertips with the fastest GoTo performance
available (8 degrees per second). The LX600 also gives you the option to
control the system from an external computer.
Features Exclusive to the Meade 16" LX600 ACF
- Filtered Cooling Fan: The optical tube on your 16" LX600 is equipped
with a cooling fan and filtered exhaust vent to keep your telescope in
- Professional-Grade Fork Mount with 11" Gears: The massive 16" LX600
fork system, cast in one continuous piece from one declination housing
to the other, includes a total of four 80mm roller bearings in
declination (two in each housing) and two roller bearings right
ascension (one each of 100mm and 150mm bearings in RA housing). With
these bearings incorporated in the design of the 16" LX600, users are
able to add substantial auxiliary equipment without running the risk
with a strain on the mount. Yielding smooth, precision tracking and
slewing required of a professional telescope is possible with the large,
DC-servo motor-driven 11" worm gears on both axes.
Based on Astronomy magazine’s telescope "report cards", scopes of this size and type generally perform as follows . . .
|Telescope Optical Design
|Telescope Focal Ratio
|Telescope Focal Length (mm)
|Includes Telescope Mount?
||Yes - 2" Star Diagonal
|Telescope Eyepiece(s) Included?
||Yes - 1 Eyepiece Included
||Yes - 8 x 50 Finder Included
||Internal Moving Primary
||Internal Focuser with 2" Rear Cell Adapter
|Telescope Mount Type
|Objects in Telescope Database
|Telescope Warranty Period