The Vixen Geoma II 82mm Spotting Scope is a field scope that features an advanced and improved optical design. It allows you to achieve the clearest views possible, and lets you enjoy all the wonders of nature. The scope uses a lightweight fiberglass tube with a duller finish, which is more ideal for birders.
Geoma II series field scopes feature a larger aperture, fully multi-coated optics, waterproof construction, dual focus system, rotary-type body, a sighting hole on the body, and a wide variety of optional eyepieces and accessories for photography.
The Geoma Pro is available as both straight viewing and 45° angled viewing models. In general, straight scopes offer the advantages of quicker sighting as well as a usually lower weight and price than angled scopes. Angled scopes are far simpler to share simultaneously amongst users of varied heights, and provide more comfort for extended glassing when observing birds from a ground vantage point-but usually weigh more, cost more and require more skill in targeting initial subject location.
- All air-to-glass surfaces of lenses, prisms, and eyepieces are fully multi-coated to deliver crystal-clear images.
- Charged with nitrogen and completely waterproof; no need to worry about sudden rainfall or snow.
- Sighting hole located on the side of the body to help bring objects into the field of view of the field scope.
- The built-in tripod adapter block allows you to mount the field scope on an optional tripod.
- Dual-stage (fine and course) focusing mechanism provides speed and accuracy.
Built-in retractable lenshood.
Objective Lens Diameter
Minimum Focus Distance
Not Specified by Manufacturer
Waterproof & fogproof
4.6 x 14.3 x 3.8" (11.8 x 36.4 x 9.7 cm)
2.8 lb (1.275 kg)
What in the Box
Vixen OpticsGeoma II 82mm Spotting Scope (Straight Viewing) Front & Rear Caps Lifetime Transferable Warranty